Best microphones for recording songs
Best Microphones for PROFESSIONAL Recording
Rapping is some difficult really difficult stuff, so when you get on stage, you want to make it as easy and smooth as possible. The microphone is one very important gadget that can help you get close to the ease you require in rapping. No, we are not saying the microphone will take over the rapping and do it for you; Far from that, but certainly, the microphone you use can help to enhance your vocals, clear out noise and handle a lot of other things that will make you better. Rap music involves a lot of fast talking and music, such that if you are not careful, you may get lost in the mix and stutter or even do something worse. To make sense of the speedy rap and all the forced rhymes, detailing needs to be captured as well as possible. The Microphone is one of the most important gadgets for achieving this. When you need clarity, or warm rhythm, a good microphone brings them to you just how you want them. Knowing how important owning a good rap microphone is to your career, the next challenge falls on knowing the product with the right specs for your exact need. Don’t worry, we’ve done the research for you and we’ve come up with a list of the best microphones for recording rap. Start your rap career today by buying one of these rap microphones.
Lists of best Professional Microphones for song recording, Rap songs recording. Condenser microphones, microphones under $40
Certainly, when you are talking about companies that should be listed as sound masters, Audio- Technica holds an undisputable reputation. They’ve been producing some of the best microphones and headphones in today’s market, evident in the popularity their equipment has gained for their maintenance of excellent audio standards at relatively good price. The AT4040 rap microphone is yet another of their product that boasts of such excellent quality and performance. They are best described for the value they bring at incredibly affordable price. The product is a sturdy condenser microphone that takes a swipe away from the traditional, providing a wide range of frequency. It will take everything you can throw at it like a master, because that’s what it is. It features a warm decadent audio that no doubt clinches puts it on the top of our list of microphones for recording rap music.
The major standout of this microphone lies in its design and quality. The AT4040 rap microphone does not leave you with any doubt when you are looking for quality. It is best described as a solid mic, especially for its matte black look. Its factory built carry case is foam-padded, for safety and ease of carriage. The microphone is also custom made with a velvet cover for enhanced look. The velvet cover also keeps dust off the mic when it’s not being used.
The spidery shock mount is another package worth mentioning, for its ability to firmly grip the mic, although fixing it may proof really time consuming. However, the more you get used to it, the easier it becomes.
On its features, the rap microphone falls in the category of the cardioid large condenser. Its wide cardioid pattern helps it easily and more evenly pick frequencies. The mic has an impressive sounding audio and with a little pumping of the high-end, you are sure going to get some real life sparkle. The mic features a maximum input of 145 dB SPL, but it still has a capacity to increase up to 155dB with its attenuation pad. What’s probably the most important feature of this mic is the versatility it brings to the studio. Its adaptability rate is so high that it will blend well with different instruments. The capability of the mic to handle high pressure makes it easy to combine with snares.
- It features a wide range of response
- Its transient response is impressively fast
- Has the capability to handle high SPL with minimal distortion
- Without pop screen, it has noticeable plosives.
This mic may be quite expensive, but certainly, it is worth every cent that will be cent on it. When it comes to performance and high end functionality, only a few rap microphones can boast of being on the level of the TLM 102 microphone by Neumann. If you know the brand or have had any dealings with any of their products in the past, you’ll know that the TLM is certainly a mic to reckon with when it comes to recording rap music. It is a vocal mic by all standards, showing amazing features that are only obtainable in the best. The audio replication is commendable with impressive clarity and detailing. There is also just the correct presence of frequency combined with a level of vocal transparency that makes rap vocals not just clear enough but also legible. It really shouldn’t surprise any musician or mic technician that the TLM 102 has found itself to this spot in our list of best mics for 2019, because for real, they are the clear definition of power horse.
The physical design of the Neumann TLM 120 tells its story completely as a rap microphone. From the packaging, up until the attractively small mic, everything speaks of the quality that you expect to get from its performance. The company doesn’t just focus on performance, they want their products to look as good as they sound too and that’s evidence in the level of instant attraction that the TLM 102 draws from people. Although it is a condenser mic, its smallish size makes it cool to take along during any job; so yes, you can go on to record your rap while on the go. It is probably one of the most complete compact packages you will get in today’s market. Its finish is a fine satin black and nickel. It has a build quality that is undoubtedly great, although it is still important to trade with care, since it is a condenser mic. It comes fit in with an integrated pop filter, although we will still advice for you to get an additional pop filter as they will help avoid plosives liable to cause damages on the mic.
On the amazing features of the TLM 102, it is best describes as a bid diaphragm cardioid mic. It has a build that’s capable of enduring a pressure level of up to 144 dB SPL, making it a cool blend with other loud instruments, although it is on its best with vocals. With a clear peak of around 6kHz, the clarity and strength it brings to the voice will make it worth the try. It features a quick transient response rate that makes it easier to capture the rappers exact words, reducing boredom from it. The mic brings a great level of clarity to vocals, which is unachievable with smaller mics and with peaks that aren’t too pronounced, your voice will be opened up, but not in a way to make it sound sibilant. On its set up, it is mounted on suspension, so that it can absorb vibration, rather than allowing them to distort the quality of your sound.
One great thing about the TLM 102 is that it can still produce raw output that’s totally usable, even without the use of an EQ. What does this do? It helps to simplify post production, while bringing better quality to the mix.
- Produces audio quality that rightly qualifies as smooth and clean
- Has a very compact look, fit for traveling with.
- Helps to smooth the audio’s grittiness.
- Doesn’t come with any shock mount.
This AKG -6.00 x 8.00 x 12.00″ 3101H00420 Microphone is the best in the market. More often than not, budget mics come with complains of not meeting up to standard for rap music, but this one is a big exception. AKG are a popular brand in the production of low budget mics and the P220 rap microphone stands out among the numerous high end products that the company has thrown into the market. The mic will make a perfect choice for beginners that are still testing the waters with modest budget equipment. Yes, it is a cheap option, but don’t be fooled by its price, because certainly, it boasts an amazing performance level that’s bound to leave any user dazed. It is an excellent mic for use by rap and rock vocalists. Do you want to know other reasons why it is a cool choice? Read on! The clear and clean audio produced by the P220 will get you nodding your head with only the slightest EQ touches. Most basic features like the low-cut filter and the attenuator pad are carefully designed to bring additional value to the mic. With a track record for vocal that’s almost unbeatable by any similar product, we decided that it deserves a place in our list of best microphones for rap recording.
The unique design of the mic is impressive in every way. It is one of the few mics available in the market with a body build that does not waste time in expensive detailing. It is made of thick metal and so you at least expect something solid when you hold it in your hands. On a down side though, the mic is heavy than most of its like, so handsy rap vocalists are advised to add a bit of care during handling. The pack features a spider shock mount that’s equally reliable. Both the mic and its shock mount are fitted into a neat case to encourage portability. The buttons controlling low cut filter and the attenuator are located at the front of the gadget. They are hard sliders, so there is no need to fear mistake engagement. The shock mount is designed to be screwed onto the mic and on to rely on fiction. This feature makes it possible to use the in different configurations and positions without fearing that it will fall off.
On its other features, the P220 from AKG shows how reliable it is by offering an entire audio range of 20-20,000 Hz. It has a predominantly neutral response and its bass roll-off starts from 100Hz. The mic also features a 78dB signal-to-noise ratio, which is absolutely enough for studio works and normal close-mike applications. The problem with that signal to noise ratio often occurs when you’re not recording in an enclosed place. At a maximum SPL level of 135dB, the rap vocals will do just fine. Recognized for its warm low-end performance, the mic will still bring some level of upgrade that’s worth rapping with to the vocal.
- Each pack comes with additional carry case
- It is relatively affordable
- Mic and accessories feature sturdy build
- Its boom is without low-cut filter.
We often want to migrate into fine and trendy equipment and gadgets, but what if you learnt of a vintage gadget that’s taking center stage in modern day music production? Well, the Pyle microphone is one of such, and guess what? Its beauty even lies in its vintage look, the same reason it was supposed to go out of fashion. Okay, enough of beating around the bush. Let’s get right onto it and discuss why with think it merits being in our list. The Pyle microphone comes built in with its own acoustic pop filter. It also has a built-in ultra-wide frequency response to give it increased ability to separate unwanted noise from the real deal. Apart from the above listed features, its high signal also helps to increase voice clarity. It is also built to feature steel mesh, together with sturdy materials to incorporate reduced noise circuitry into the mic. Its on and off switch means that a rapper can easily turn the mic on or off when using it on stage on in places that can get noise interactions. The set is packaged to feature a 16 feet XLR cable which boasts of an amazing level of compatibility with different systems, a mic stand adapter that is added for events of stage performance, as well as karaoke and studio recordings. It is constructed mostly with plastic and its pickup is unidirectional, just like polar patterns. The dimension of the product is measured at 2.2″ × 3.1″ × 7.4″ and it boasts of a frequency response rate of 30Hz-15kHz.
The capability of the mic cannot be overemphasized, after the entire brand is already known for producing great recording gadgets. The dynamic construction of this very mic does well to achieve good sound quality, combined with a performance rate that’s impressive in the true sense of it. It is vintage microphone, so you’re sure it’s the right answer to your questions about old school mics that fit modern trends. Designed to feature the best audio reproduction, your audience will switch to the dance floor, before they know what’s happening. Use this mic to bring the best out of your rap game, with every new vocals becoming better than the previous as you know. The design is something to turn heads, but that’s not all – it also features amazing functionality that’s fit for beginners and older rappers bound.
The physical design of the PDMICR42SL shows that it is just as much rap microphone. From the packaging, up until the attractively small mic, everything speaks of the quality that you expect to get from its performance. The company doesn’t just focus on performance, they want their products to look as good as they sound too and that’s evidence in the level of instant attraction that the mic draws from people.
- The mic boasts of a very impressive sound quality
- It is relatively affordable
- Its aesthetics is very appealing
- Being made from plastic, there is a scare that it will not survive wear and tear over long time.
Things to Know Before Buying a RECORDING Microphone
Rap Microphones are a necessity for any rapper that intends to take their rap game to the next level. Definitely, owning one and creating a mini studio for yourself will not only help your practice, but will also provide a platform for you to handle mini-recordings and other related parts of your rap music. Having discussed the best brands of rap microphones available in today’s market, it will now be easier for you to place an order for your custom choice. However, because rap mics are high budget music equipment, it can still pose a problem choosing one that will work perfectly and of course, last as long as possible. Asides listing some brands that you’ll like above, you may also be willing to get other rap mics that will fit your particular needs, and that’s why we’ve created a section that will help guide you to make the right choice. Going to buy a rap microphone that will serve? Check out the following before making your financial commitment:
- Audio: Mics and headphones are audio enhancing equipment, so if you are going to purchase any of them, audio should be a key factor to look into. It only makes logical sense to look into the audio when going to purchase a rap mic. Of course the mics that we’ve highlighted above are carefully chosen, partly for their ability to reproduce lyrics and rap song, just the way you want. Additionally, they all maintain the accuracy of the audio to give you a perfect production. When going to source for your own mic based on your personal choice, it is also difficult to look at the audio, ensuring that it meets and surpassed your requirements. Bear in mind that rap mics are bought to be used for long time, so getting a low audio quality mic from the get go will affect your production in the long run, even though they seem at first like they are meeting up to need.
- Budget: As a starter in the rap game, you are bound to be limited on cash. Yes, you’re still struggling with recording your first few albums and to be honest, endorsement deals don’t come too easy these days, unless you are a celebrated artist. However, every upcoming rapper has to pass through the beginning stage where they are always running around to get enough money that will sustain studio work. It is not crime to be short of money from time to time, but you must learn to create and maintain a budget for steady growth. The rap mic is one of the major financial commitments that you will be making, but if you are not careful with it, you may pick one that will cost far more than your budget, crippling your ability to handle other aspects. Checkout and compare prices, ensuring that you are picking the one that best fits your budget.To make it easier for you, we’ve highlighted products with relatively cheap cost in the list that has been compiled above.
- Accessories: like most other gadgets, rap mics don’t just stand on their own. They need other additional accessories to function as perfectly as you want them to. It is therefore important to check out the accessories attached to each of the mic before making your final choice, bearing in mind that the more accessories that come with the mic, the fewer the accessories that you will be needing to buy when you begin the set up process for your mic. Accessories include, but are not limited to:mic stands, carry cases, pop filters, wires, stand adapters, wire adapters, etc. Accessories help the performance level of each mic, but apart from performance, they also help easy transportation, compatibility, ease of set up, and most importantly, ease of usage. Of course some accessories are also customized to different mics, so it is very important to buy in complete set for maximum functionality.
How to Properly Maintain a Rap Microphone
Now that you’ve probably arrived at a choice, what’s left is to purchase your choice rap microphone brand and begin dropping the lines and bars. Wait! Not so fast! There’s something we’re missing and that’s maintenance. You want your rap mic to last as long as possible, after all, it is a high budget music production equipment and as such will leave you mood sour if it gets damaged just a few weeks after purchase. We understand that this can be a pain, especially when you are still struggling to get on acquainted with your microphone and how it works. The best way to keep your rap microphone working optimally for as long as you want it is through proper maintenance. Maintaining a rap mic is easy, only if you know the right way to do it. What’s the right way? Don’t worry, we’ve highlighted a few maintenance tips that will help you keep your mic going for a long time.
- Proper Storage: Hit up a microphone technician today and ask them for the best maintenance idea that will preserve your microphone and they’ll first talk about packaging. Yes, that plastic bag that often comes with the pack is as important as the mic itself. The gadget is a very sensitive one that reacts quickly to dust or moisture. When using, ensure that it is we positioned in a part of the studio, where water can hardly go to, and that is not prone to too much dust. When you’re not using, store in the plastic bag, or in an enclosed space that’s safe from moisture and unnecessary dirt. This way you’re not only saving your rap mic, but also making cleaning easier than it would have been.
- Proper Cleaning: Cleaning is a very important aspect of gadget maintenance, but for very sensitive gadgets like the rap microphone, more has to be done than just ordinary cleaning. Avoid the use of moist when cleaning. To a lot of people, using a cloth piece soaked with water is the best way to clean. Moisture are known to have the power of destroying the condenser transistors, hence by all means, experts believe that you should avoid it. Use dry cotton pieces to clean. Also create a cleaning routine that will help you remember to clean as often as possible.
- Properly Turn of Microphone: Following due process in switching your rap mic on or off is another key aspect of maintaining your mic and keeping it working fine for a long time. Most rap mics will have manuals to guide you on this. Try as much as possible to read every part of the manufacturer’s manual, so that you can learn new tricks on the best way operate and store your rap microphone. In the few cases that you will not be provided with manual however, try to ask the shop attendant questions on the best and simplest ways to hand the microphone, especially as regarding on and off.
There you have it, a detailed research on some of the best rap, SONG RECORDING microphone that you can buy in 2019. Getting one of these will surely take your rap game to the level you desire. Additionally, we’ve also included a set of maintenance tips to make taking care of the rap microphone easier and more efficient. With this guide, getting and setting up your rap microphone just got easier and better.