best treadmill reviews
LIST OF TOP 10 Best Selling Treadmill
The treadmill doesn’t only allow you to lose weight but with its host of benefits is the best exercise machine that every home should have. Having a treadmill in the comfort of your home means no more working out in a crowded sweaty gym, no more jumping over unrecognized objects as you jog around in the mornings. Why the benefits of the treadmill are too many to mentions, it certainly doesn’t mean you should splurge money on any type on the market.
In this article, we are going to bring to your notice as many treadmills as possible to allow you to make the right choice when next you go shopping for one.
best treadmill models Compared
Read all Pros & Cons of Treadmill. So let’s begin.
Treadmills to have in your home
TREADMILL BUYING TIPS
Well, finding the right treadmill is like a kid in a candy store, so many brands with less know-how on how they function. However before making a down payment for a treadmill, there are guides that you have to consider to allow you make the right choice for you, such as the budget, your fitness goals, your lifestyle, your space (you don’t want to buy a treadmill that won’t fit in your home) and functionality.
Rating – ★★★★★
The Nordic Track is the best treadmill whether you intend to have it in as part of your exercise gadget in your home or by your bedside to remind you to exercise, the Nordic Track 6.5 S is a must have a treadmill. The durability and sturdiness of this treadmill make it firm on the floor or whatever surface it is place giving you the assurance of running with the fear of falling due to slipping on the floor.
- Comes with a 25-year warranty of the motor and a 12 months warranty on the other parts of the treadmill
- Excellent craftsmanship and design with reliable features to deliver excellent performance during use
- Comes with Easylift Assist technology that allows you to fold the treadmill after a workout for situations where there is not space making storage easier
- The motor is a 2.6 CHO with a self-cooling system of T 6.5 S to allow you to work out for longer times
- A very quiet and efficient machine with speed range from 0.5 to 10 mph and inclination of 0 to 10 percent to intensify your workout and burn stubborn fats and more calories
- It has an in-built of 20 workout program
- Link to your mobile device and track your fitness routine and work out details afterward
- Comes with workout videos and allows you to customize your workout too.
- It has a heart monitor allowing you to track your heart beats
- Compatible with iPod, iFit, and MP3 devices for a playlist that will keep you driven to work out more
- Very quiet with no vibrations for a flawless workout
- Powerful hydraulic shock helps you to fold it for storage
- Cooling fan keeps the internal working mechanism cool and safe
- Easy to use controls with one-touch buttons
- Great height giving you the feel of outdoor walking
- The running area measurement is 22 by 55 inches
- Maximum weight is 198 pounds
- Cardio grip heart monitor allows you to track your heart rate during a workout
- Sturdy and durable
- It is very heavy
The Nordic Track 6.5 S treadmill is a must have a treadmill is you decide to start working out at home; it has excellent sturdiness and easy to use buttons. Furthermore, the ability to link it to your mobile device allows you to follow a workout routine while listening to your favorite music and burning fat. The Nordic Track will allow you to build stamina, increase muscle mass and endurance.
Overview – ★★★★★
ProForm pro treadmill series are top of the line machines that deliver on excellence and performance ensuring that every time you step off, you have burned fat and had a good work out. We love the ProForm treadmill because of the firm cushion running deck that takes away the pressure from the hip, knee, ankles, and feet during a workout allowing you to push through the process flawlessly to achieve your fitness goals.
- The treadmill is designed with advanced technology for all types of runners or walker
- 3.5 CHP Mach Z commercial motor with a maximum speed of 12 mph
- Easy to decline or incline with setting from -3 to 15 percent mimicking uphill and downhill outdoor movement
- Fitted with the Easylift assist technology allowing your fold away for storage
- Equipped with 32 in-built workouts to help you achieve your fitness goals
- Well equipped and large monitor at the right height for a great work out
- Link up with iFit and get nutrition advice and meal plans too
- Wireless chest sensor heart monitor strap allows you to monitor your heart rate and beats during work out
- A 5-year warranty on parts and 2-year warranty on labor
- Durable, sturdy, affordable and space economy
- Running area is 22 by 60 inches and weighs 320 pounds
- LED lighted display screen
- Very quiet and calm treadmill
- You need to pay for the iFit option added on the treadmill
Lose weight, burn calories, stay healthy, easy to use buttons, durable and safe, functional with high performance and excellence are all qualities that describe the efficiency of the ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill. With quiet technology and Easylift assist you are sure to burn off fat and build muscle in no distance time.
Rating – ★★★★★
This treadmill is for the elderly or people that want to work out but also do their official duties as they get fit. The LifeSpan TR 1200-DT5 is a portable treadmill that will not occupy too much space; in fact, it is a very good device for office spaces allowing you to work out while working. It has a firm and strong desk that can comfortably sit two laptops without interfering with a display unit on the treadmill.
- Powerful 2.25 HP quiet motor, no vibration with 6 impact compression shock absorber for any environment.
- Speed range of 0.4 to 4.0 mph
- Is able to provide 6 hours of continuous walking
- Durable and long-lasting
- 3-year warranty on the motor, 2-year warranty of part and 12 months warranty on labor
- Comes with a Bluetooth connectivity feature that allows you to cumulate your work out data on your phone tracking how well you are doing
- The walking area measurement is 20 by 50 inches and weighs 119 pounds
- Desktop measurement is 38 by 29 inches
- It can carry a body weight of 350-pound max
- Easy to assemble with the help of the manual
- The controls are easy to use and understand
- Comes with advanced technology features like Intelli-Guard and Intelli-Step
- Great treadmill for senior citizens who want to stay healthy
- It is not foldable
- It doesn’t incline or decline
- It is difficult to assemble for a first timer
There is definitely nothing wrong with working on your laptop if you are working out, the LifeSpan DT5 allows you to do both without compromising on the quality of your workouts.
The features are easy to use and won’t interfere with your work or the connectivity on your device making it a popular choice for working class people.
Rating – ★★★★★
The benefits of a treadmill are numerous, but if you suffer for a delicate knee, you might want to try the Aquabilt A-2000 water treadmill that will allow you to get the same workout without putting pressure on your knees.
- Strong rubber wheel for easy transportation to and fro your work out the destination
- Made from strong plastic materials that will not rust or wear easily been in the water
- It doesn’t have any motor and it is self-propelled giving you’re the best leg work out ever
- Very spacious walk deck measuring 47 by 29 by 48 inches
- Product weight of 47 pounds
- Comes with a warranty of 3 years
- No need for maintenance or routine checks
- A firm deck that grips the leg to avoid slipping underwater
- Can carry a weight of 400 pounds in water and 300 pounds on the ground
- Very spacious walk deck measuring 47 by 29 by 48 inches
- It is expensive for a machine that doesn’t have certain features as the normal treadmill
The Aquabilt A-2000 is a complete exercise machine that will allow you to burn more calories without stressing your knees, hips, ankles, and feet. It is regarded as the best water treadmill on the market and definitely worth the price with all the features it has. This piece of device might not have all the necessary technology attached to it, but it delivers on performance and excellence without a doubt.
Rating – ★★★★★
The ProForm 600i adds intensity and fire to your workout with the touch of a button, as the name suggests, performance is one thing you will get from this treadmill. It also comes with a number of benefits that will enjoy you to get the best workout for your overall being.
- Has an incline of 12 percent and can reach speeds of 12mph
- Compatible is iFit and Google map to help you train on a personal level
- Comes with a 22 in-built training program to help you keep up with your workout
- Fitted with a powerful 2.75 CHP Mach Z commercial silent motor
- Has the EasyLift assist technology hydraulic system for easy folding and unfolding for easier storage
- The step deck has a ProShox cushioning system to absorb shock from the knees, hips, ankle, and feet and encourage longer workouts
- Heart rate monitoring grip bars for monitoring your heart beats
- Deck dimension is 20 by 60 inches weighing 224 pounds
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, two-year warranty on parts and 12 months warranty on labor
- It can comfortably carry a weight of 325 pounds
- Has a secure stand for your mobile device allowing you to follow a workout of your choice
- An amazing and excellent choice for a full body workout without the hassle
- Durable and sturdy design built to last
- Requires little maintenance and checks
- No wireless chest strap for monitoring your heart rate
If you are looking for a top performance treadmill that will deliver as said, the ProForm 600i treadmill checks all the boxes to deliver a slimmer and sexier body in no time. The display screen is LED lighted to allow you to walk when the day is dark.
Rating – ★★★★★
The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T4400 is a well-built, robust and solid frame treadmill that will deliver effectively on an efficient high performance work out session. The treadmill has all the makings of a good treadmill and with regular maintenance and checks.
- The SF-T4400 has a 2.20 HP motor powered by 110 volts with speed range 0.5 to 9 mph
- It has three incline positions – 0, 2 and 4.37 percent (all manual) for intense and customized workout sessions
- The running deck is measured at 48.82 by 15.75 inches and weighs 103 pounds
- The soft drop hydraulic process for easy folding and unfolding without a loud bang
- It is equipped with 9 pre-loaded workout programs
- The deck is well-cushioned with two shock absorbers to reduce the impact on the leg as it hits the deck
- The hand bars are fitted with heart monitoring sensors
- This treadmill has a 12-month warranty for frame and 3 months warranty on all other parts
- The display console is equipped with an LCD to allow easy reading of the data
- Has a pause and continue button on the hand grip
- The treadmill is easy to assemble
- Available in two colors –pink and grey
- Has a spot for tablet holders for customized workouts
- It is very affordable and worth the price
- The track is short and might not be suitable for fast track running
- No electric incline
- Needs regular maintenance of the belt
- The pulse reader is faulty
Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T4400 is the best treadmill for people that don’t have enough space in their homes. This treadmill is durable and sturdy with all the basic features of a treadmill to deliver a good workout.
Rating – ★★★★★
If you are looking for a good treadmill that will deliver one excellence and performance that is on a budget, the Cadence G 5.9 is your best bet on the market. Don’t be put off by the price the treadmill has all the features of a good treadmill and it is well built.
- Equipped with a 2.25 HP continuous duty motor
- Speed range from 0.5 to 10 mph
- Two position manual incline 1.5 and 6 percent
- 6 inbuilt workout program
- 12 months warranty on motor and 3 months on parts and usage
- Deck length is 16 by 50 inches
- Product weight is 19 pounds
- Affordable and reliable treadmill
- Durable and sturdy
- Great for walking and jogging with short strides
- Cushioned and comfortable deck for low impact
- Easy to assemble and lightweight
- Manual inclination
- Short deck
- Not for running
Although trying to adjust the incline is challenging, the cadence G 5.9 will give you a good and intense workout that will have you burning calories and sweating the fat away. You do have to watch out for the deck surface as this treadmill is not the best for running because of deck length and width.
Rating – ★★★★★
The 3G cardio is our treadmill for the best home fitness treadmill with excellent design and machinery to support the superb performance capacity of the treadmill. The 3G cardio runner is designed to give you a good cardio work out with immediate results after a workout.
- It runs on a 4 DC motor that offers smooth consistency throughout a workout session
- Equipped with advanced Ortho Flex Shock suspension system taking the impact off your leg when running
- Large deck measured 22 by 62 inches wide
- Has an incline of up to 15 percent and speeds reaching 12 mph
- 8 inbuilt program for a complete workout
- 10-year warranty on the product and 2 years warranty on usage
- Comes with in-built speakers allows you to enjoy your workout playlist
- The treadmill has large cooling systems to keep it functional throughout the workout
- A very quiet treadmill allowing you to work out any time of the day
- Accommodates a body weight of 400 pounds
- High quality, durable, and well-built designed treadmill
- It is very expensive
If you are looking for a reliable and strong treadmill with high performance, the 3D cardio Elite runner treadmill will deliver everything you want and more. The Elite runner works excellently well for beginners and pro runner with a large display deck with easy to use buttons.
Rating – ★★★★★
The Sole Fitness F80 treadmill is designed for commercial workout experience in the comfort of your home. This treadmill has all the makings of a treadmill and high-grade workout. We love the Sole Fitness for so many reasons as listed below
- Spacious deck measures 22 by 60 inches for walking, jogging and running
- It comes with a powerful 3.5 CHP motor making this one of the most powerful treadmills on the market
- Speed range is from 0.5 to 12 mph
- It has as an adjustable desk area that can hold your laptop, smartphone or tablet allowing you to stay connected while exercising
- Equip with the EasyLift Assist for easy folding and unfolding for easy storage
- I0 in-built workout programs with 9-inch backlight LCD display unit
- Can be sync to your phone through Bluetooth and can be connected to your iPod/MP3 sound system
- The cushion Flex deck reduced the impact of tension and stress on the leg by 40 percent
- A foldable treadmill that can stay in any space
- Strong build and craftsmanship for durability
- Can hold a body weight of 375 pounds
- Allows you to customize your our workout
- Users complain about the deck not long enough for running especially runners with a long stride
- Assembling the treadmill is a bit difficult even with the manual
- The F80 is a heavy beast and can’t be moved around anyhow
The features of the Sole F80 deck and display unit are the main reason why this treadmill is a top seller on the market. It makes it soft on the joints of the leg and can be used by people of all ages
Rating – ★★★★★
This is very high end, performance treadmill. This treadmill is not for the faint-hearted as the cost is steep but if you are on the lookout for a treadmill that will deliver excellence, performance, quality, durability, and style; then this is the treadmill for you.
- Specially designed shock absorption system with advanced control that supports your strides
- Fitted with state of the art 7-inch console with impressive recording application that you can link to your mobile device
- Comes with 23 preset workout programs with four different IDs
- With an inclining rate of -2 to 15 percent to intensify your workouts for a better burn
- The deck is a pre-waxed and has a lifetime warranty with no maintenance
- This treadmill has a lifetime warranty with 10 years on the parts
- Reaches a speed of 12 mph for good run
- 3.0 HP continuous duty motor
- Can carry a body weight of 300 pounds
- Good support and safety features
- Excellent ergonomic design
- Five preset workout categories – Be Fit workout, Lose weight workout, Push performance workout, Get a toned workout, and go the distance work.
- Easy to assemble and maintain
- 3 years warranty of the console
- It is very expensive
Although it is expensive, it has been classified by the treadmill community as the best commercial personal treadmill. You will get a good treadmill for $1000 and below, but if you want a treadmill that is durable, reliable, and easy to work out with and sits comfortably in your home, the Precor TRM 445 Precision treadmill features are hard to beat.
Buying Guide for a Treadmill
The buying guide for a treadmill is obvious, treadmills are big and heavy. So your first guide is
You need space not only to put the machine but also enough to allow you to work out without filling constraints. If your choice is a heavy one, then you need a stationary position that will allow for less frequent movement and increased safety.
The deck is the most important part of the treadmill as it receives the most beating with constant impact on the surface. The perfect size for a deck should be 50 by 20 in lengths and width.
The Technology and Advanced Features
Nowadays fitness transcends far beyond your walking, jogging or running off the treadmill; it involves tracking your heartbeat, breathing partners and other features that make treadmill workouts comfortable. If you intend to follow your workout routine, then your treadmill should have a tablet or smartphone holder, etc
This might not be the most factors in choosing a treadmill; purchasing a treadmill from a good brand gives you the opportunity to return or ask for a maintenance check if something goes wrong with the machine
The display Unit
Buttons should be easy to use and the screen wide enough to see your data as you works out on the treadmill. It should also be at arm’s length and easy to use.
The Power and Functionality
Depending on the capacity of the motor, the treadmill has a motor power range from 2 HP to almost 5 HP giving you more workout time to burn more calories and get more from each session. Large motors mean that noise and vibrations can emit from the treadmills, so ensure that it is quiet and there is no noise that affects you when you workout
The Shock Absorber
Treadmills come with different shock absorber technology from OrthoFlex that takes away the returning energy impact from your feet to reduce the pressure on the joints of the leg.
The Trade Value and Durability
These two guides allow you to resell your treadmill in the event of relocating or changing houses. The durability should cover the warranty and the materials used in manufacturing the treadmill.
Other guides to watch out for are
- The incline: this allows you to get more from your workout and mimic outdoor situations
- The belt size: a standard belt size should be 48 inches and 18 inches, but for people with longer stride then 52 by 54 inches is the right belt for runners
- The speed: ranges from 0.5 to 12 mph for people that trained for competitions
Although there is nothing like working out in a gym, having your own treadmill will give you the opportunity to work out when you want and at your own pace. A good treadmill ranges from less than 200 dollars to over thousands of dollars, but they all perform the same job and deliver the same result.
Treadmills are your best doctor at home for overall well-being and improvement to your health; the choices we give you fall in all ranges and specs to give you an idea of what to look for in the treadmill.